Tuesday, May 4, 2010


Electrolux Powerglide


I had a chance to test one of these machines long before it was launched . I must say it immediately impressed me. It looks really good in white with the orange accents.


It is a massive improvement over the vitesse machine.


Its filter is protected by a plastic shroud and on tests that I did didn't clog very easily.

It is well waited not to light but not to heavy either. the handle is great and feels very comfortable in your hand.


I put this machine into use in my carpet cleaning company for a couple of weeks, it fared very well after cleaning many houses most of which were dirty rent houses were people never seem to vacuum. I only emptied the dust container but never touched the filter after the end of its test period I opened the filter housing to note a filter that was covered in dust , how ever the vacuum was still pulling the same suction as before when I tested it.

The test really showed the machines true colours and I must say that they were 99.99% great .


That 1% is the only problem I could find on the whole machine , Its colour it looks great when new but shows diet very quickly especially on the handle .


When I did these tests I ran a range of competitors upright vacuums at the same time They all clogged up within a day and two even burnt out.


The only machine that kept up with the powerglide was the Dyson dc14 but that cost 3 times as much


I give the powerglide a big thumbs up , I bought a few for my cleaning company

No comments:

Post a Comment